(ISC)2 Singapore Chapter will be having a joint CSR event with ISACA Singapore Chapter with the theme "Walk4Rice". (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter members are allowed to participate together with their family and set a target total distance to cover the campaign period (5 Nov 2022 - 30 Jan 2023). Participants will be given instructions to submit their results where it will be forwarded to South East Community Development Council (CDC/PA).
Walk-for-Rice Mileage Submission
Participants are encouraged to take photos of their mileage covered (can be own mileage tracker or google map etc.) and share/post them on LinkedIn &/ Facebook as well as keep them for auditing purpose.
Participants will submit total distance traveled in the attached 'Walk-for-Rice Mileage Submission Form' (Note: only one record for one pax for the total distance traveled) and submit the entry to The Walk4Rice organizer on 30 Jan 2023.
The Walk4Rice organizers will consolidate all entries and submit to CDC/PA after 30 Jan 2023.
Walk-for-Rice Mileage Submission Form
Please enter your guest names under the Details Section when registering. Do not select registering for others.
Walk4Rice Event on 14 Jan 2023 Logistics
- All participants will meet at Chinese Swimming Club, Recreation Complex at 07.15am.
- Both (ISC)2 and ISACA Singapore Chapter Presidents will do a 5-min. opening speech to address all.
- Participants will be grouped into 8-10 pax per group
Event organizer will brief all on the target loop end and time to meet back.
- Refreshments to be given to all participants.
- Presidents/organizer to debrief all participants.
- Attire: (ISC)2 SG Participants are encouraged to wear sporty Green clothing and bring a towel and water bottle.
- Register your interest to participate through this form.
- Ensure that your email address is correct and valid as registered with the Chapter.
- 0715-0730 Registration
- 0730-0740 Opening speech by SG Chapter Presidents
- 0740-0750 Pre-Walk Briefing
- 0750-0800 Group Preparation
- 0800-1000 Walk4Rice
- 1000-1015 Gather at CSC for debrief
- 1015-1030 MOU signing
- 1030-1200 Networking Brunch
Below are the proposed routes for 5km & 8km:
1) 5KM Route (1 hr)
2) 8KM Route (1 hr, 40 min)
We will assign the groupings based on your registration. There will be 1-2 group leader(s) ((ISC)2/ISACA SG Volunteers), and they will know the routes (with checkpoints), so the group members will follow their group leaders. Each group is required to take a group photo at each checkpoint. Note that there is no competition and most important is to enjoy the walk and network within the group.
Please note that the Recreation Complex is a separate building/address from the Chinese Swimming Club Main Building which is nearby at 21 Amber Road.
In order to ensure this joint event to run smoothly, we would strongly urge you to come on time so as not to disrupt the event, as the group has to leave on time.
Registered participants will be given a bottle of water prior to the walk so we encourage you to drink some water before, during and after the walk. Should you feel unwell or have COVID symptoms, please rest well at home for personal safety and health.
In case of unforeseen bad weather, we will be doing indoor activities instead.
Hope to see you there and have fun to help the needy!
This is a CSR event hence no CPE hours will be awarded.
Note: (ISC)2 members residing in Singapore who are not yet members of our local (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter, please sign up with us at www.isc2chapter.sg.
Join the community.
Professional Member: $50/- year
Associate Member (Non-credential holders): $30/- year
Student Member: $10/- year