ISC2 Singapore Chapter will be having a joint CSR event with ISACA Singapore Chapter with the theme "Walk for Rice+". ISC2 Singapore Chapter members are allowed to participate together with their family and set a target total distance to cover the campaign period (8 Nov 2023 - 31 Dec 2023). Participants will be given instructions to submit their results where it will be forwarded to South East Community Development Council (CDC/PA).
Walk for Rice+ Mileage Submission
Participants are encouraged to take photos of their mileage covered (can be own mileage tracker or google map, etc.) and share/post them on LinkedIn & Facebook as well as keep them for auditing purpose.
Here’s how you can help needy families while walking or running:
- Register yourself, your family and friends with us and set your Total Target Distance (for 08 Nov to 31 Dec 2023).
- Walk / Run towards target distance cumulatively at own leisure.
- Track covered distance for each trip in the Walk for Rice+ Mileage Form & submit the Total Distance Traveled as consolidated records to email@example.com before 31 Dec 2023 10am.
Note: Only one record per pax is required for the Total Distance Accumulated and submit the entry to The Walk for Rice+ organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the given deadline. The Walk for Rice+ organizers will consolidate all entries and submit to CDC/PA afterwards.
Walk for Rice+ Mileage Submission Form
We encourage you to post your fun shots on ISC2 SG & ISACA SG Facebook or LinkedIn.
Please add your guest names and details when registering.
Walk4Rice Event on 09 Dec 2023 (Sat) Logistics
- All participants will meet at HomeTeamNS Bedok Reservoir Clubhouse, 900 Bedok North Road, Singapore 479994, Level 1 Lobby (Reservoir side near 7-Eleven) at 07.15am (Registration).
- Both ISC2 and ISACA Singapore Chapter Presidents will do a 5-min. opening speech to address all.
- Participants will be grouped into 8-10 pax per group to go 1 round around Bedok Reservoir Park and back to the HomeTeamNS starting point.
Event organizer will brief all on the target loop around Bedok Reservoir and time to meet back.
- Refreshments to be given to all participants.
- Presidents/organizer to debrief all participants.
- Attire: ISC2 SG Participants are encouraged to wear sporty Green clothing and bring a towel and water bottle.
- Register your interest to participate through this form.
- Ensure that your email address is correct and valid as registered with the Chapter.
- 0715-0730 Registration
- 0730-0740 Opening remarks by SG Chapter Presidents
- 0740-0745 Pre-Walk Briefing
- 0745-0915 Walk4Rice (2 Routes: Normal Route & Hill Route)
- 0915-0920 Gather at HomeTeamNS Bedok Reservoir Clubhouse Level 1 venue for short debrief
- 0920-1100 Networking Brunch
Below are the proposed routes:
1) 4.5KM Normal Route (1 hr)
2) 4.8KM Hill Route (1 hr, 15 min)
We will assign the groupings based on your registration. There will be 1-2 group leader(s) (ISC2 / ISACA SG Volunteers), and they will know the routes (with checkpoints), so the group members will follow their group leaders. Each group is required to take a group photo at each checkpoint. Note that there is no competition and most important is to enjoy the walk and network within the group.
In order to ensure this joint event to run smoothly, we would strongly urge you to come on time so as not to disrupt the event, as the group has to leave on time.
Registered participants will be given a bottle of water prior to the walk so we encourage you to drink some water before, during and after the walk. Should you feel unwell or have COVID symptoms, please rest well at home for personal safety and health.
In case of unforeseen bad weather, we will be doing indoor activities instead.
Hope to see you there and have fun to help the needy!
This is a CSR event hence no CPE hours will be awarded.
Note: ISC2 members residing in Singapore who are not yet members of our local ISC2 Singapore Chapter, please sign up with us at www.isc2chapter.sg.
Join the community
Professional Member: $50/- year
Associate Member (Non-credential holders): $30/- year
Student Member: $10/- year
ISC2 Singapore Chapter is not responsible for any form of damages, injuries, losses incurred which may or may not be related to this event before, during and after the event. This event may be rescheduled or cancelled without notice.